Follow Me

       

I'm Mizu and a beauty blogger from Malaysia since 2010. I'm very passionate in beauty and addicted to Korea Cosmetics. I love making friends all over the world besides enjoying mangas and animes.

Welcome to my blog

Monday, June 10, 2013

[REVIEW] Etude House Precious Mineral Cotton Fit BB Cream SPF30/PA++ #Honey Beige


I previously said that the recent Etude House BB Creams breaks me out a lot if I do wear them for more than 3 hours and it is actually true. At first I guess it's maybe my diet is not proper so I have breakouts however, I've tried them few times and compare to other BB cream and found out that it was real.

Many have been asking me to review this for sometime and sorry that it was out late coz I'm not home for a month since the cream arrived. I don't intend to purchase this at first but since the site that I always shop do a crazy sales and I can't refrain myself from buying..lol..Seriously, this only cost me about RM29.90 whilst I guess this would cost around (+/-)RM69.90  in Malaysia.

Since I already bought this, so how about a review? I'm actually pretty excited to try this :)


Dented box caused by me..lol

The tube is squishier than any other Etude House BB cream tube..hehe

The blue words are so dim, I can't even took the picture properly..-.-

It's Paraben free, Artificial Dyes free and Benzophene free.
Well, I cannot read the Artificial dyes one but yes for other Kongrish words..lol


The ingredients list for you :D

Came in a pump as usual.

Oil test.



I choose the darkest shade in this line because I thought to mix it with my BRTC Jasmine Water BB Cream..lol but it actually came out right to my shade. Plus, I easily get tan when I get outside because the temperature now is 33C at my place and 37C in Perlis(I previously stayed) ..I'm dead..My mom even said I got darker by living there for a month :(

(similar lighting)

So here let me show you my super bare skin. This is the remaining pimples on my cheek that I was talking about in the previous post. Other parts are nearly healed so this is the last one. This happen because I neglected my face for about a month and yes, you finally can see my ugly skin. I just wanted to be honest and I think that my skin is better now compared to few years back. I'm glad that it improves a lot but it is actually hard to maintain if I don't take care of my diet properly.

In the photo, I applied the BB cream on top of it to test out the coverage. I think without these pictures, the reviews do not do justice and now you can actually see the difference. The BB cream seems to accentuate dry patches and fine lines. I actually forgot to include an picture of my under eye but the bb cream sift into the fine lines and make it more visible and I dislikes that.

Coverage is sheer but buildable. In the picture, I applied the BB cream with my fingers but it starts to look cakey so I had to use brush to help blend the bb cream completely. As you can see, it didn't cover much of my redness.For the texture, it is lightweight and the finish is matte. I don't really fancy matte texture right now because it can looks too cakey on my face so I prefer a bit of dewy texture since I had an oily skin.

Different from other Etude House BB Cream that I've tried, this one doesn't seem to have quite a strong smell, although it smells almost the same with each other. It doesn't bother me much as long as it is pleasant. The oil control is okay and last about ~3 hours or more. I can't say much because my skin depends on the weather and the food that I've eaten. If I do consume a lot of oily food, then it would be oilier than usual, if not then the bb cream could last about ~4 hours or more. Compared to Precious Mineral Sun BB Cream, I guess this got a bit better oil control :)

So overall, this BB cream is just okay for me.  I don't experience any break out yet because of this yet at this moment so that's good. It means that it suits my sensitive skin :)

Thank you for reading :)

marvelikalife@gmail.com

28 comments:

Farisha Nadia (Nala) said...

Hi, nice review :) I have been eyeing this for a while now, but still not sure though. I wanted to know if you have their CC cream? The SA at Etude told me something interesting, that if you combine the Cotton Fit BB Cream with the CC cream it gives a much beautiful effect. I tested it at the back of my hand and I'm intrigued! Was wondering if you have the CC cream and how do you like it? :)

Chee Z said...

I love the bright fit bb cream, and I really wanted to try this. I though the cotton fit would have really good oil control, but from the oil-test there seems to be a lot of oil still. Too bad it accentuated dry spot though, I have a lot in winter time. =\
Hmm I might still try this though! Thanks for the review! And nice layout :3

Mizu said...

Hi Farisha, unfortunately I haven't tried the CC cream yet but from other reviews, they said it is white in color so i thought it might not suit me..i guess, the cc cream is more dewy than this bb cream so when it mix together, it would create a glow :)

Mizu said...

Hi Chee, yes, but the oil doesn't really affect the texture, and i think it has better oil control than any other Etude House BB cream :)
too bad it accentuate dry spot :( please give it a try, who knows it might works on you :D
thank you :D

Alex said...

I actually use this bb cream because it's highly recommended everywhere!! hehe thanks for the review, this is definitely the most detailed one i have come across! This bb cream goes on like silk when primer is applied before hand~ ^_^

alex @ carouselstreet.com

Mizu said...

Oh, I saw it works on most of the users too. Thank you Alex, I wanted to do a honest review as possible :)
I haven't try putting primer beforehand so I might try that next time :)
Thank you :D

Tiffany Elle said...

Ahhh there needs to be a product to correct those dry scabby patches so that makeup doesn't accentuate it even more >..> there must be some chemical that can soft scarring tissue or something! I ordered this in honey beige as well, and it looks good on you so hopefully it will match my skin too!

Thanks for reviewing =)

Farisha Nadia (Nala) said...

Because it's white at first, it might be too bright, but I guess that's why they say it might look better mixing with the BB cream. The only CC cream I've tried is the Elianto one, and it's very drying, and I have oily skin! >.< So, I'm still unsure about buying them yet ^^

Mizu said...

You can try their suggestion, who knows it might suit you or ask the SA to give you samples for trying out. I'm loving TheFaceShop CC cream now but you might be looking for something more hydrating like Tony Moly CC cream :)

Mizu said...

yeah so agree or maybe you could try applying primer? i haven't try applying primer before using this bb cream so maybe i'll do it later :)
I usually used the Natural beige but since I got tanner, surprisingly this suit me.
You're very welcome :)

Rossy said...

I have this one and I love it ! I have tried the bright fit too, I think I prefer use cotton fit because it has good oily control :)
but I'm not really like with the matte finish >.<

Mizu said...

Because the texture easily gets cakey if putting too much of the cream >_<
glad that it works for you :D

Alyaliza said...

Wanted to try this also...

Mizu said...

Please do :)

Bethany said...

I should have been more comprehensive with my review. :P You took a lot of good pictures. I'm surprised you find the coverage sheer, though. I thought it was medium +.

Mizu said...

I think it is sheer but buildable. Maybe you find the coverage is medium because you have a good skin? :) The coverage can be increased but I found it looks too cakey on me.

You do a great job too for reviewing this, different people would have different opinion on the products :)

Bethany said...

Mmn, maybe. I don't have good skin, but my issue is mostly redness. My break outs are around my chin. >.>

Mizu said...

Oh does it cover your redness well? For me, it does reduce it but I can see the redness..but I'm not really into concealer..:(

Bethany said...

Yeah, it did for me. Weird. o.o Maybe I just applied it more thickly. The only thing it didn't do was totally cover was dark circles, but I have to use concealer for that. xD

Mizu said...

I see..I should find another way to avoid the cakeyness..Great for you, I have fine lines under my eyes and it's just hard to apply anything there because it seems to accentuate it more..:(

Monica Santos said...

I'm not sure if I'll get this new bb cream since I'm loving the bb creams I'm currently using. The last etude house bb cream I used was the precious mineral all day strong. Sad that it accentuates the dry patches and lines. I'd like to have a sample first (or borrow my friend's since she's buying one~haha) to see how it will work on me. thanks for sharing :)

Mizu said...

Oh, so what BB cream you currently used?
Please do try samples first because the finished is quite matte compared to Bright Fit.

Monica Santos said...

Missha Perfect cover bb cream and Laneige snow bb soothing cushion. As much as I would like to have samples, korean cosmetics boutiques here in our country are not that generous in giving samples. :( Anyway I'll wait till my friend gets hers :))

Mizu said...

I see..that is the same as local EH too. They just gave samples random or not at all..Too bad but I used to get samples from my haul @online shop. Though I don't use them that much because it was a lot..haha

Najihah Alya Mohd Razali said...

Rm29.90 is really cheap! Where did u get it from?

Mizu said...

qoo10 but it was a sale price. Not sure if that price still have now

✨ Diana ✨ said...

Hi there... After how many hours is the oil test? Thanks. :)

Mizu said...

Hi Diana, the oil test is actually for the purpose of measuring on how much the oil amount in a drop of the bb cream. It doesn't related on how it perform on my skin. If you're wondering about its performance on my skin, it is about 3 hours until the oil starts to appear. That's because I got an oily skin to begin with.

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I'll get back as soon as possible :D