Follow Me

       

I'm Mizu and a beauty blogger from Malaysia since 2010. I'm very passionate in beauty and addicted to Korea Cosmetics. I love making friends all over the world besides enjoying mangas and animes.

Welcome to my blog

Saturday, February 1, 2014

[REVIEW] theSkinTopic Evolu Purifying Mask


Hi there!
I've been sick for the past few days so I don't get chances to post a review. So today I'm a bit okay now but still having my flu, which is frustrating..T_T

Anyway, Gong Xi Fa Cai to all my readers whom celebrated the Lunar New Year!

Today, I'll be reviewing a product from TheSkinTopic which recently launched a new brand, e v o l u .
Their representative contact me again to try their new product and she suggest me this Purifying Mask from evolu to try out based on my skin condition. You may read my other review for their products here.

A little bit about e v o l u ;
The evolu line is founded by Kati Kasza based on her personal conviction that the key to lasting beauty is natural balance. She believe in the power of equilibrium to promote healthy skin, and this simple principle has guided her in creating evolu, an uncomplicated yet potent botanical system, custom-designed to assist your skin's own natural mechanisms.

The basis formula for evolu products are the pure botanicals and New Zealand spring water.
All their products are cruelty free (means that it is not tested on animals), contains no paraben, petrochemicals, minerals, phthalates, sulfates, artificial colours or fragrances and no animal products other than beeswax and lanolin.

About e v o l u Purifying Mask ;
This mask is a kaolin-based natural cleanser designed to balance the skin's sebum activity. It contains plant actives including fennel, hops, balm mint and mistletoe, specifically chosen for their purifying, detoxifying and refreshing benefits. These are complemented with additional hydrating extracts of sweet orange, lavender, chamomile and kiwifruit seed oil. A natural antioxidant rich in Vitamin C, kiwifruit is an active ingredient in all evolu moisturisers.
Product Information :
Name : Evolu Purifying Mask
Production : Made in New Zealand
Volume : 75ml/2.6 fl.oz
Retail Price : RM189
Skin Types : Suit all skin types

The packaging is simple and it is easy to get the information you wanted because it's written on every part of the tube.

Well, who doesn't like this?

Hooray for no harsh chemicals!




Ooops, sorry for the weird position of the tube. It looks like the mask is flying up..haha

I'm impressed that the texture of the mask is very light and smooth and not like other clay products which is heavy in texture and some of them are gritty.

How to use :
1. Clean up your face with face wash and moisturize your skin.
2. Squeeze the mask from the tube and apply it evenly onto your skin. Avoid eyes area.
3. Wait until 10-15 minutes or until the mask dry.
4. Take a wet towel and soak it into the warm water.
5. Gently remove the mask from your face.
My tips :
1. Moisturize your face is important before applying mask because to maintain hydrated skin. Some says if you don't moisturize your face before wearing a mask, the effect of the mask is reduced.
2. Don't apply on eye areas. Since the mask will eventually dry and your eye area is pretty fragile so it's better don't.
3. Use microfibre towel instead of the normal ones. The mask sticks better onto the microfibre towel and it makes it easy to remove and requires no tugging.
4. Warm water is the best option. It open up your pores and while you're cleaning the mask, the dirty pores will go along with the mask removal.
5. Moisturize your face again after cleansing the mask. This is important as you want to close your pores again.

Active Ingredients ;

LAVENDER balancing, regenerative

SWEET ORANGE rejuvenating, renewing

KIWIFRUIT SEED OIL vitamin C
FENNEL, HOPS, BALM MINT, MISTLETOE

purifying, detoxifying, refreshing
I've tried it for more than a month, basically about 1-2 times a week. I could say that I seriously love this mask! It does clean up my face and make it smoother!

The left picture is when the mask almost dry and the right one is after I washed my face and put serum on.
You can probably see that my skin is glowy and cleaned.

You could see that the mask looks pretty white when I first applied it but after it dries, some of the part turn almost invisible! At first I wondered if I ever wear it wrong or maybe I mistakenly read a cream as a mask but it's true.

Unlike the other clay mask I've tried, most of them are pretty thick which I could barely stand to wear it for too long coz I'm afraid of break out because my pores can't breath but with this mask, it feels so light and thin in texture which is easily applied and does not clog my pores. It is also so easy to remove but it depends on how many layer of the mask did you put on. The thicker you layered, it will took a bit of time to remove but no worries with warm water and microfibre towel. Both of them are really helpful :D

The packaging is simple and easy. It's a tube so I don't have to scoop it with a spoon like the most of clay mask. I get annoyed much with something that came in a jar provided with a spoon coz I don't bother to use the spoon which also will result in unhygienic because whenever I used the spoon, I'll have to scoop for another round and that is no different than using clean fingers.

No particular disturbing smell but there is a slight natural smell onto it which I consider is not a big deal. The product is botanic and made with pure ingredients so I have no worries.

I rate this mask ;
You can visit TheSkinTopic outlets here ;

·          Pavilion KL: Level  5, P5.12.00, Tel: 03-2142 9988
·          Subang Parade: Lower Ground Floor, Lot LGC01, Tel: 03-5638 2988
·          Hartamas Shopping Centre: PF3 First Floor, Tel: 03-6205 8828
·          The Curve: K-G8-W, Ground Floor, Mutiara Damansara, Tel: 03-7722 2213
·          Avenue K: C-16A, 156 Jalan Ampang, Kuala Lumpur , Tel: 03-2166 9988
Visit theSkintopic facebook and website for more information about this brand and promotions!
theSkinTopic Facebook
 theSkinTopic Website 


8 comments:

Sakuranko said...

Looks like an excellent product! The texture looks interesting!
xx

I want invite you to join to my Etude House Fresh Cherry Tint Giveaway!

Mizu said...

Thanks for inviting!

Fräulein Schnee said...

This looks like to be really good. I'll keep an eye out for it!:) ♥

Mizu said...

It's good :D

Xana said...

A lot of good and natural ingredients. The words purifying, detoxifying and refreshing, just speak to me in many ways. The package is simple but it's actualy pretty and it looks like such a good product!
Good review!


http://momodicted.blogspot.pt/

Mizu said...

Thank you Xana, hope you find them helpful :)

Bijin Blair said...

I love clay masks and Evolu's version sounds divine!

Mizu said...

They are!

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I'll get back as soon as possible :D