Follow Me

       

I'm Mizu and a beauty blogger from Malaysia since 2010. I'm very passionate in beauty and addicted to Korea Cosmetics. I love making friends all over the world besides enjoying mangas and animes.

Welcome to my blog

Friday, May 2, 2014

Mediviron UOA Clinic "Fractional CO2 Laser" Experience Part.1

Hi there! 

Sorry for lack of posts (as usual). I only just found time to write about my experience with Mediviron UOA Clinic from last February.  

As part of the Mediviron UOA Clinic Beauty Programme, I was given the opportunity to undergo treatment at their clinic for free! I was offered a list of treatment options to choose from and it took me a week to make up my mind. It was after sharing my skin problems with a consultant at the clinic that I decided to go for this treatment called "Fractional CO2 Laser".

A little info about Fractional CO2 Laser treatment:
"Fractional laser skin treatment is a technology that successfully corrects dermatological and cosmetic skin conditions, with increased comfort and minimal post-treatment pain and care. Fractional CO2 laser skin treatments give excellent results for skin resurfacing and when correcting skin conditions including scars, uneven, dull skin and fine lines" - quoted from here.

I went for the Fractional CO2 laser treatment, as it was recommended for my skin-type. I had hole-like scars from acne in the past, so I was hoping that the skin resurfacing effects from the treatment would help improve my skin texture.

We arranged for an appointment date. Next thing I knew, I was in their KL clinic all the way from Perak. :)

The exterior of the clinic.

Right after I confirmed my appointment at the counter, I was asked to wait as Dr. Lashela, my doctor for the day, was still meeting with another patient.

I was sitting on the opposite at the sofa in the waiting room. 

After a few minutes, I was asked to enter Dr. Lashela’s office. She wasn’t there when I went in, so I “selfied” for a bit…haha!

After a while, she came and greeted me. Then, she examined my skin and said that my skin wasn’t that bad after all. I told her maybe my make-up hid my bad skin, so she asked me to wipe off some of the make-up on my cheeks.

After looking at my bare cheeks, Dr. Lashela commented that I have deep acne scars that created the illusion of dark scars.

She told me that the Fractional CO2 laser treatment would help lessen the depth of my scars and explained a little more about the treatment procedure, and how it works before going ahead with it. 

Me and Dr. Lashela on the right.

During the consultation with Dr. Lashela, she provided a thorough explanation of the consequences and after-effects of the treatment I will be going through.

Some of the effects that she mentioned:
1 – My skin will feel rough for about a week or two depending on my skin’s healing properties.
2 – I will experience a burning sensation for about a week because my skin is in the middle of healing.
3 – There will be net-like pattern on my face due to the laser treatment for about a week and it will later peel off by itself.
4 – I will experience pain during treatment because a needle-like machine will be used.

After learning about the after-effects of the treatment, I continued to go ahead with the procedure as agreed. You can read more about it here.

They applied numbing cream on my face.

After the last consultation, they proceeded with my treatment. They applied numbing cream all over my face before treatment began and my face started to feel really numb after a while.  In my photos above, I didn’t even know if I was smiling or not because I couldn’t feel anything.

After that, they led me to the treatment room. While one of the staffs removed my make-up, a few other staffs came in to adjust the lighting of the room and they kept talking to me. I was a bit shy at first, but I was happy to see so many people in the room…

In the meantime, I was asked on how I started my blog and what my profession is. Most of them were shocked to hear that I was still a student. I guess maybe because I look mature? Cause I get that a lot from people.

The ever-glorious fractional laser machine.

I was shown the machine that will be used for my treatment. They said it is a really expensive machine. I wonder how much it costs...

One of staff removing my makeup traces but she kindly left my eye makeup intact...fufu

Finally, my treatment started after they cleansed my skin.

There were three steps in the process. First, it was the fractional laser, which left a net-like pattern on my skin. I thought it would be painful, but actually it was not. There was only a slight “electric” sensation. Everyone in the room was surprised when I said it was not as painful as I expected. The laser treatment lasted for roughly 10 minutes.

Next, the doctor used a needle-like machine. This was the most painful step of all. They only used the needle on small parts on my face, but I felt a sharp piercing. I think it was because my numbing cream was starting to wear out by then, that’s why it felt like it was the most painful. Thank God it didn’t last as long as I expected. The doctor even showed me the blood that resulted from the treatment. Surprisingly, I felt no fear at all. Sometimes, you need to feel the pain to look pretty, right?

For the third and last step for the treatment process, they covered my eyes with an eye mask for LED light treatment. I was left in the room under the LED light for about 15 minutes and I almost fell asleep…kkk. During the 15 minutes, there were times when the LED light felt a little too hot. I’m not sure if the heat came from the light, or if I was left with a burning sensation from step two of the process.

Here is the picture of my face as the result of the treatment. On the day of the treatment, the net pattern did not appear too obvious on me. I took this picture on the next day after treatment.

After the treatment was done, I travelled home with a face-mask because my face looked so red and swollen. However, I did not experience much pain after the treatment. However, I was told this depended on the person receiving the treatment.

Selfie before going home. Just look at my red face >_<

Part.2 will be coming next! Stay tune for the after-results.

Mediviron UOA Clinic
LG 9, Lower Ground Floor,
Wisma UOA II, Jalan Pinang,
50450 Kuala Lumpur.

Tel: +603-2163 5699
Website : http://www.mediviron-uoa.com/
E-mail : contactus@mediviron-uoa.com
Opening hours:
8:30am - 6:00pm (Mon - Thu)
8:30am - 6:30pm (Fri - Sat)
Closed on Sun & Public Holiday

marvelikalife@gmail.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I'll get back as soon as possible :D