Follow Me

       

I'm Mizu and a beauty blogger from Malaysia since 2010. I'm very passionate in beauty and addicted to Korea Cosmetics. I love making friends all over the world besides enjoying mangas and animes.

Welcome to my blog

Friday, October 20, 2017

[REVIEW] Althea Petal Velvet Powder


Hello guys! Wow, it's been a while! (I promise there's a new review that I'll be posting next so this sentence won't be as cliche every time I posted a new review with a month apart XD)

So today I'll be reviewing this NEW Althea Petal Velvet Powder from althea.kr and it is also their first ever product! If you see the photos below, you would already guess on how much the powder left, because I've been using it ever since I've gotten it.


This debuting beauty is a translucent powder that sets makeup and leaves behind a silky finish to the touch. Infused with oil from Althea seeds, this powder works to keep sebum production at bay without drying out the skin for a radiant, fresh look, all while giving out a gentle scent. Keep your makeup looking great all day or dust some on to stay shine-free! - excerpt from Althea (althea.kr)

Size: 3g / Price: RM16 / Color: translucent, for all skin types.


Can you see on how much it already left inside?


Came with a super smooth, velvety puff :3


One thing that I like with this packaging is that the "holes" are pretty big if compared to some "popular k-brands" powder and this makes it easier for me to let out the product on the cap and dab the powder from there.

source : althea.kr


When I first test it out, I was surprised on how silky the texture of the powder! I never use a powder that was as smooth as this and I was totally mind blown! 

The powder is very lightweight and it was almost translucent in color because even though it is claim as translucent, but if you put a little too much, the white color will show through on the skin, although not much. 

There's a little flowery scent too it which the smell is not overpowering and smells really nice! I do notice that using it for some time now has changed the scent a little, which I think it may be cause my mixing of cosmetics.

The powder itself is very easy to apply and spread easily with the puff. I tried both brush and the puff and honestly, the puff did a great job rather than my brush so I like using the puff better.

It does keep the oil away for my oily skin for a few hours, maybe about ~4 hours until I see a little sebum on my forehead and around my nose and so far, it doesn't break me out at all although I sometimes would have it on face for a long day! Be sure to watch out for creasing because it would crease after a few hours especially when the area have crease and sebum.

Overall, I think it was a nice powder and it was so cheap too! They would have this even in the lower price for a discount event sometimes so watch out!

and psssst, do you know that Althea also offered buy 2 and free shipping right now?! It was ridiculous because I would totally broke faster like this XD


Thank you for reading and here's a photo of the box that althea.kr sent to me and just look inside! It's soo cute and smells good too!


xoxo Mizu

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I'll get back as soon as possible :D