Follow Me

       

I'm Mizu and a beauty blogger from Malaysia since 2010. I'm very passionate in beauty and addicted to Korea Cosmetics. I love making friends all over the world besides enjoying mangas and animes.

Welcome to my blog

Thursday, June 13, 2013

[REVIEW] New 2013 Candy Doll Lipstick in Pink Grapefruit


Previously I posted the full collection of the new Candy Doll products by Tsubasa Masuwaka as you can see here. I'm falling in love with one of the lipstick color that is Pink Grapefruit which is a bit peachy orange pink in color based on the promo pictures.

So I asked Princess Monogatari shop if they're selling this and they did! I was very happy since no other online Japanese cosmetics shops are accepting this order yet at the time. It cost me RM64 including postage(postage is RM8). It's quite pricey for a lipstick.

I ordered this on March 6 and this arrived to me on June 7, that's about 3 months because there are few problems which the seller received the wrong color from Japan and she had to re-order it again.




 I think the new Candy Doll design is looking too mature? Probably because Tsubasa also is near to her thirty..?



 The design looks like something my mom would use..haha


 1x is one time swatch and 4x is four swatches.
Still, the color doesn't looks much different in different swatches.

I don't use any lip concealer and this is just the lipstick swatch. I'm surprised that it is almost sheer in color whilst the promo pictures look like it would give something opaque. I guess Tsubasa is using lip concealer before applying the lipstick and lipgloss too. (That's cheating!lol)

The color is a bit different than the promo picture because the real swatch would give something like more nude peach pink than peachy orange pink. It's not too sheer but it would give an ugly looking lip if my lip is chapped if I applied for a few times. So I really recommend you to scrub your lips before applying this lipstick.

Another thing that I noticed is the lipstick settle into my lip lines. The streaks are visible enough to make it looks uneven even though the formula is quite moisturising and doesn't feel heavy on lips. However, the long lasting of the lipstick is quite bad. It would disappear in an hour of applying and it removes easily with water. So if I need to reapply this again if I do drink or eat.

You can opted of wearing lip concealer underneath to show up the color better. I don't wear any concealer because my lips is quite dry and chapped so that would just makes it looks worse. Other than that, this lipstick doesn't have any smell like most of Tsubasa's product.

Overall, this lipstick is just not for me, the color is pretty although it was different than the promo pic but the texture just doesn't captured me. I can find better lipstick with this price :)

Thank you for reading :D

marvelikalife@gmail.com


39 comments:

LauraLeia said...

The colour looks really pretty, but like all Candy Doll lipsticks, I think you need really perfect, smooth, super pale lips to make it look like Tsu-chan's in the posters. >__<

Mizu said...

I tried the previous Candy Doll lipstick and I think that was better than this in terms of color pigmentation and texture. I guess paler lips can be achieved using lip concealer but smooth lips without lip lines is just so not me..haha
btw, if you look into her tutorials, she's wearing a lip concealer or nude lipstick underneath and applied lip gloss on top of it to makes it somehow looks fuller. my lips are already full enough so that won't suit me...haha

Bethany said...

It's a shame you had to wait and go through the trouble for something that didn't blow your mind or anything. >.> Still, it's quite pretty.

Azwa Mislan said...

3 bulan?lama!!! =.= tapi packaging lawa. *nods*

Mizu said...

i know right..it supposed to arrive around 2-3 weeks but since the product is wrong so i supposed to wait another 3 weeks but the seller missing around 1 months and more, i had to wait more than i suppose too...

Mizu said...

kan?mmg lame..seller tu boleh hilang pulak dlm dekat 2 bulan ..tu yg kene tgg lagi lama tu..

cindy tong said...

so creamy..mmpphh i don't think I can pull of such colours...

cindy tong said...

oh that's a good idea to make it look fuller...im looking for a nude lipstick..any suggestion?

Mizu said...

So far I hadn't encountered a good nude lipstick but how about MAC lipstick?I heard that it's quite good :)

Mizu said...

since you're fairer, i think this would suit you :)

cindy tong said...

haha no budget for expensive brand...

cindy tong said...

is it??? i tried cream colour but it don't look good..perhaps i need to use lip concealer..

Mizu said...

nude can be too overpowering sometimes so tone it down by dabbing or apply some red on the center of lips to give it a life :)

Mizu said...

haha..i know right..buying something expensive need 7 days and 7 nights to think..lol

evangelskies said...

I think you can make your lips look a bit plumper? They're a bit thin. It would look nicer then.

Mizu said...

I think my lips are already fuller and I don't look good with lip glosses
:( maybe i should try applying lip balm more :)

cindy tong said...

thats y..i dun invest much on lipstick..cos I can't finish the whole tube!

cindy tong said...

yeah maybe....

Joan Jap said...

The exact color is really far from it's shown on the packaging.
Well.. I guess you're right, it considers cheating xp

----

Oh, yea, you shoud trim your eyebrow to be neater. But actually, I like my natural brows. It's just a bit wild. hohoo..

Cheers,
Dreamy
Princess

Mizu said...

haha..that's true enough..hehe :)

Mizu said...

I know right. Wish the color could be better :(


oh..i'm too afraid to do the eyebrow trimming myself >.<
I'm afraid i might screw everything...haha

Junjun said...

Woah, the difference in color is astounding. o: It's a shame it settles into the lines in your lips! :C

Mizu said...

yeah..too bad...:(

Kellzynha said...

The color is really off... i received mine today! I was disapointed with the color, i mixed up a little bit of etude house all over color in orange to make it look a little bit more like the packaging color and it worked nicely x.x

Mizu said...

Right? The color is not the same at all :(
Mixing color would do :)

nurina adhalia said...

i love the color, so soft and sweeettt

Porshia Mitra said...

hey I just love the color! such a pretty shade! It looks great on you.. But I think it would wash me out :(

Mizu said...

yes it is but too bad it settle into my fine lines :(

Mizu said...

The color is buildable but it's not really more to nude. I think it's wearable.
Thank you :)

xlicious said...

wow this lip color is so beautiful, especially on your skin color! i like it a lot! i'm sorry that you dont like the lipstick though :C

xoxo Sarah
www.xliciousgirl.com

Eve said...

Maybe it's just the lip shape then!

cindy tong said...

:-)

Pinkylici0us said...

LOVE it so much, dear ^_^v

Btw, yuk ikutan PINKYLICI0US GIVEAWAYS…

banyak hadiahnya loh….dari merek Etude House, Tony Moly, The
Face Shop, It’s Skin, etc

ajak teman2mu jg yach, ada SURPRISE GIFTS too for your
friend ^_^v

Caranya gampang banget koq, cek di http://pinkylici0us.blogspot.com/

Thank u so much, dear ^_^v

Mizu said...

but I'm from Malaysia..

Pinkylici0us said...

Oh...thank you so much, dear :) Hope next time I can make an International Giveaways ^_^v Anyway, followed your blog already...LOVE it... ^_^v

Mizu said...

thank you for following :) sure..good luck then :)

Mizu said...

:D

Rini Cesillia said...

the design is not cute as usual >.<

Mizu said...

i know right..tsubasa is going to otona now but this is too mature..haha

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I'll get back as soon as possible :D